Sunday, June 29, 2008

Look Mom, no pants!

That was a freaking awesome weekend. I had a great brick yesterday, and today I had a good, solid, 50 minute run. The ice bath did wonders for me, I was able to hang in there for about 15 minutes, and if I could have done longer, I would have. I usually have to wear a hoodie to keep me somewhat warm in there. I substituted a beer for some hot tea this go round - hey! no judging, I earned that beer. The bath made today much more bearable, and allowed me to train today too.

The funniest part of the whole weekend is the sunburn I got. After living in Australia, I have been a hard-ass about putting sunscreen on for each and every workout, whether it be 20 minutes or 3 hours. Well, yesterday I put it on, but missed a few spots. I'd usually have Ellie help me with my back, but she was heading out the door for work, so I did what I could. Well, I also wore my tri jersey and shorts for my workout, and missed a few spots that I usually don't have to get too much. That spot above my ass is where my jersey was creeping up. Doesn't hurt, just looks kind of ridiculous. Well, lesson learned, laugh away.

I'm off to ice the knees, fold some laundry, and have a bit of port. I am sore, and very tired, but it's the best feeling in the world when I know I've earned it. I'm having less doubts about my long course, but I can't let my guard down. I have to keep hammering, so next weekend, it's a 2h 30m ride followed by an hour on the run. And another ice bath.

E

3 comments:

Sarah said...

freakin hilarious!! I love ice baths, too. Of course I love beer, too, but I've never thought about combining the two...hmmmm.

Lisa said...

Loving the pictures. okay the bathtub is funny. The hoodie idea-very smart.

I got a burn thru a jersey a few weekends back. It has cutouts so I had a tiny pair of wings on my shoulder blades and a stripe on my back much like your jersey ride up but farther up. You need one of those sunscreen applicator paddle dealies to reach the unreachable parts. hehehe

FishrCutB8 said...

Nice "TAN"