Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Brick

Did my first brick on Sunday. 45 minutes on the bike, then roughly 16 minutes on the run. My legs felt like they were 100 lbs each - which isn't a bad thing! I'm getting them ready for the old linguine legs that I'll surely get this Sunday. It was a great workout. Did a fairly easy 3.5 miles on the run last night, and the IT band is tightening up. I'm going to go to the gym tonight, sit in the hot tub, and then just hammer it with the foam roller. Hopefully that'll alleviate some of the knee pain I've been having. I'll check back tomorrow.

I get so nervous for triathlons. More so than any other racing I do. I got the information email yesterday for the Sprint this Sunday, and the heart rate shot up about 100 bpm. It's a bloody sprint (!!!) and this happened. Sheesh! I'm nervous for how nervous I'll be for the Long Course. Man.

Short and sweet. Check out Fish's very inspiring post today, and Sarah's HTFU ride from the weekend - she's one tough cookie! Both of those are all the inspiration I'll need for today's workout...

E

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Eric-you inspire me! Sprints are scarier than long courses. It's balls to the wall for the entire time. You're gonna do great. You're strong. You're a rockstar. You're ready.