Saturday, June 14, 2008

First Tri tomorrow!

First sprint tri of the season tomorrow - my wave starts at 7:30 a.m. Mountain time - that's 9:30 a.m. for you east coasters. Finished the race last year in 1:24:14 - this year I'm shooting for better than that...duh. It's going to be a really fun race, and for the first time I'm racing it by myself. The past few years I've had buddies run it with me (Ellie competed last year as well). I also am a bit nervous, as I've been very tired this week, so have essentially taken the whole week off of training, aside from a light jog on Thursday night and an easy swim on Wednesday night. Two things can happen here, 1. I'm super rested and my body just goes off and I finish in 1:20 and change, or 2. My body is super rested and I just blow up out there. I'm hoping for the first option, and I'll probably do a bit more warming up than usual tomorrow (maybe a little bike ride before my standard mile or so of running). I'll put up the results tomorrow evening. Wish me luck!

E

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You're gonna rock it! Swim fast, pedal hard, and run like hell. I expect a full report. Go kick some ass.