Thursday, May 8, 2008

Stick to the muffin...

So no matter what anyone tells you, don't believe them if they tell you that Kombucha and a Vegan Blueberry muffin 45 minutes before a run is a good idea. The muffin, maybe, but carbonated kombucha, no. So I set out for an easy 3.8 mile run. This usually takes me, oh, maybe 29 minutes. Not today. I set out on my first lap, high tempo, probably 6:20 - 6:30/mile, nothing I can't handle. Feeling good, breathing a little labored, but again, easily harnessed. I start lap 2, and if feels like all the tiny little bubbles have formed one HUGE bubble in my stomach, and that my stomach is trying to actually jump out of my body. I tried numerous 'methods' to get said bubble out, but no dice. So what does one do? Crystal Meth....od (the music, not the drug). I completely tranced out on lap 3, and probably held a good 7:00/mile pace, which was much better than my probably close to 8:00/mile + pace on lap 2. So overall, I had a 32 minute +- about 30/45 seconds run. Not bad, but I learned an invaluable nutritional lesson today. Stick to the muffin.

E

No comments: