Tuesday, May 20, 2008

It's 5:45am, what are you doing?

I was pulling into the gym parking lot. You know you are in a great triathlon community when you pull in that early, and there are 10 - 15 cars (lots of Subarus!), all with bike racks, beat up running shoes in the back seats, and various endurance sport bumper stickers. And, all the swim lanes are full. Waited just a sec, and got into a lane, boy the water is cold that early. Took me a lot longer in my warm up to get going - but I felt a bit off for most of my swim. It's still amazing to me how great I feel for the rest of the day after an early morning workout. The commute is better (although, I decided that my life will be infinitely better when the commute goes away), the work seems less stressful, and the weather always just seems to be better. So, as hard as it is to wiggle out of the warm sheets that early, it may have to happen a lot more, as it just feels so much better the rest of the day. I'm gunna ride for about an hour this evening, and life will be grand.

E

No comments: