Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I'm back eh.

I'm back. It's been a bit since I've posted about my training here, but I enjoyed doing it, so here we go.

First things first. The plan I'm using is from www.beginnertriathlete.com - here is the link to my training log: BT Training Log

The plan is the closest I can find to what I need, but is still too much for me. You'll notice that a few weeks in, it called for either a 2 or 2 1/2 hour run........um, excuse me? You want me to run 15-20 miles in mid-April for an August Half Ironman? No no. Thanks for trying though. I value my knees and don't really feel like burning out too quick. Plus, one of my favorite things about summer is watching some baseball and grilling, so I'm just working to find a good balance.

So I'm editing the plan a bit to tailor my needs. Working 8-9 hours a day, with about 1 1/2 hours of total commuting, and having a desire to spend some time with my wife, I've had to change things up a bit. I'm not trying to win gold in Beijing, just finish my HIM in just over 5 hours.

So, all that said, I got a good swim workout in last night:

Warm Up - 400yds easy
Main Set - 8x100 as follows
1. 75 easy, 25 hard
2. 50 easy, 50 hard
3. 25 easy, 75 hard
4. 100 hard
(repeat twice to reach 800)
100 loosen
3x100 pull
Cool Down: 150 easy
1750 total

I love these speed workouts, and really find them the most beneficial. It feels freaking awesome after working that speed, to swim that '100 loosen' or '150 cool down' , and really feel like you are moving through the water more smoothly and much faster.

Had some Vegan Chicken Fajitas for dinner, used some of the Morningstar Farms Chicken Tenders - they are actually pretty good. 3 beers. I like beer.

E

No comments: