Thursday, May 8, 2008

Recovery Swim

Went for a quick, 1000 yd recovery swim last night, took me about 18 or so minutes. Swimming is by far my best of the 3 disciplines, but after a while, it becomes my least favorite. I LOVE open water swims, and would do those for every workout if it was reasonably possible, but alas, I have to do 90% of my workouts in a pool. With little Kirby doing cannonballs 4 feet from my face. And 13 people trying to share 2 lanes....

I usually hit a point in my swim training where I tire very quickly, like 200 yds into a workout, but if I push through, I hit another point where I could probably swim for a few hours straight. It's an odd feeling, but when it hits, I love it. That happened last night. About 250 yds in, my tris and shoulders got tired really quickly, then all of a sudden, everything felt fine and I just cruised through my last 750. It was awesome. I just hope it carries over to race day!!!

E

No comments: