Saturday, February 2, 2008

January 31, 2008

I had a great run on the 31st. It was a stress run, but I had some pretty cool revelations. There was a LOT on my mind - closing on the house, the inspection, work, money, all of it. It was dark, just me, my headlamp, and my breath. The steam from my breath was blowing by my face, feet pounding on the asphalt, jacket swooshing. The faster I run, the more my thoughts trail behind me. I can feel the house inspection creeping up behind me, and I ran faster. The budget comes up, and I run faster. The more my thoughts try to catch up to me, the faster I run. I completely zone out, I can feel those thoughts and stresses, but I just run as fast as I can, and know that they can't keep up. As long as I'm running, they are far behind me. But as is true with life, as soon as I stopped, my thoughts and stresses came flooding back in, but I could tell, they were tired of running after me.

It was a great run.

2.5 miles, 7:30/mile out, 6:10/mile back. Beautiful.

E

No comments: