Sunday, July 27, 2008

Man, I miss Steamboat...

What a fabulous weekend in Steamboat. It made realize how much I miss the laid back lifestyle that small town American has to offer. Ellie and I had made a goal to get back to a small down within 5 or so years, and this just made me realize how much that goal is still a huge part of my everyday thoughts. How does this involve working out? Not really sure, but the weekend was completed by the 2 hour bike ride I took on one of my favorite rides in Colorado, followed by my 1 hr 20 min run on my absolute favorite run in Colorado. It was just a perfect weekend of working out, the stomach cooperated, the temps were in the mid-70's with some cloud cover, and my body responded when I pushed it. Aaand, the beer was cold when I got done :-)

Fish, I'll get you some pixxors soon. The bunniez ate my camera charger, so I have to get a new one.

Sarah was in my thoughts this weekend as well. Sarah, I hope you are getting excited for Leadville. My thoughts have been constantly going to my fear of being under-trained for my HIM, and I'm sure Sarah is having the same thoughts for her Leadville 100. I think it's completely natural to think back on your training, or to review your training log, and focus on the workouts you missed, or the ones you did 'poorly' on. I keep having to tell myself, "You're going to kill it, you know it." Sarah, you know you're going to kill it. You've put in the miles, and the stress. And when you're done, the beers are going to be ice cold at mi casa. Only a few more weeks!!

E

2 comments:

Sarah said...

You have nooooo idea how much I needed that. You're amazing. You're right, We're gonna kill it.

Sarah said...

Dude, a week!!! You're ready. Can you say "taper"? ahhh, sweet taper.