Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Just checking in....

Wow, it's been a freaking crazy few weeks. Just nuts. One of my best friends got married this past weekend, and he and I, along with about 8 of our friends cooked the rehearsal dinner for about 60 people. He and I were in charge of logistics, and it went perfectly. It was all-consuming though, so the only rides we got in were just over an hour each on Friday and Saturday morning. They were absolutely gorgeous, and it was good to blow off some steam on the bike. Saturday morning, we did a monstrous climb to end the ride, and that was just awesome.

I got a great, short run in on Thursday evening, but it was so short since I had to get back and prep the meal. It was a down hill adventure, and then a nice climb back up - someone took all the oxygen out of the air though, and that made it tough. Sunday was spent recovering, so no workouts.

I rode my bike to work today for the first time in a while. It was really nice to get out in the early morning air and have the roads to myself. I'll be riding most days from now on.

Work is nuts, so I'm going to be checking in here when I can. Lets just hope it mellows out a bit soon...

E

No comments: