Sunday, July 13, 2008

Now THAT'S will power!

Went for a GREAT bike ride with my buddies Brandon and Matt yesterday. It was mid-70's out, crystal clear Colorado sky, just a perfect day for riding. Riding on a day like that in Boulder is essentially a bike show - there were a million bikers out, all seemily pros or on their way to being a pro (they are ALL in team kits). The bikes are all really fun to look at, there are some rides that I would love to be on, just once in a race, to see if my equipment is holding me back. Either way, it was just a gorgeous day, and I really loved being out.

When we got back to my place, my 2 buddies both just stretched a bit, got into the house, while I went up to put on my running gear for a quick 2.5 miles to round out the brick. On my way out the door, I heard the "pssssht" "pssssht" of two cold beers being crack, and the boys were so kind to offer me a beer on the way out. "Keep running". The beers tasted fantastic when I got home, a little too fantastic. I'll be running with a slight headache this morning, but I was very proud of myself for running when the dudes were enjoying icy cold beverages.

I'm heading to Breck for one of those guy's weddings on Thursday through Sunday, and I'm really really pumped to train up in the mountains. I just have to make sure I get the workouts in, and I've informed everyone up there that I fully intend on getting each workout in. Hopefully I'll get some good pictures and will be able to get some entries up.

E

No comments: