Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Rain!!!!

Well, I'm 5 days from my first triathlon of the summer, and immediately following that, I'm heading to Glenwood for the Bicycle Tour of Colorado. So I've got a long few weeks ahead of me, and I can't seem to get out on my dang bike to get some last minute miles in! Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday afternoon all let out torrential downpours as soon as I got about 5 miles into my ride. Beautiful sunny skies before, beautiful sunny skies after. Just some tornados/rain/wind when I'm on the bike. I've been giving Mother Nature a piece of my mind when I'm out on the bike, but I'm trying to view it as a way to get some last minute swims and runs in, and to rest my legs for the long ride ahead of me.

I'm super stoked for the BTC. I'm almost to my fundraising goal, and I'm starting to plan the logistics of a gluten free diet when you have nearly no food storage capabilities, and maybe not the easiest access to restaurants. This one is going to be tough. The recovery nutrition is going to be key, and I've got some ideas in mind. I've adopted a Paleo type diet where I'm trying to load up on carbs only around my workouts - less focus on starchy carbs though - and then focus on good quality proteins and veggies most other times. I feel great, and my workouts, sparse as they have been, have been reflective of my body's acceptance of this diet.

So now I start to taper the legs a bit, I'm going to get one good ride in on my race wheels hopefully on Thursday night to get a feel for them. Then, it's time to get prepared for 6 days, 513 miles, and 45,000+ vertical feet of climbing. Stay tuned, the photos and stories will be good!

E

No comments: