Saturday, January 24, 2009

Cold one!

T'was a cold one today. It was gorgeously sunny though, and I had to get out and ride. When I was in Steamboat, I made it a rule that I wouldn't go out on the bike if the air temp was below about 40 degrees - but I broke my rule today, and as you can see, I bundled up. When I left, our thermometer said 34 degrees, so it was a chilly one. I rode well though, found a few good rollers and really tried to climb hard. I ended up riding for about 1h 20m, about 23 miles. A wee bit slow, but a great Saturday ride in late January. I've been reading about the Tour Down Under, and it makes me wish we were in Australia again. But, we're here, and we've got to enjoy Colorado while we are here. Alrighty, off to bed. Had a great relaxing Saturday night, and there is a pork butt in the oven overnight. Pulled pork sandwiches tomorrow that would make your face melt....

E

No comments: