Friday, October 3, 2008

What a run.

Man. I had a fantastic run tonight. I think my favorite thing to do is to be running or riding when I know no one else is. So when I can get a run in at 5:00pm on a Friday when everyone else is at Happy Hour, I smile knowing I'm working that much harder. I'm sure Craig Alexander, who is my bet to win the Hawaii Ironman next Saturday, is out there working, so dang it, I want to be too. Now I have no prayer of becoming a professional Ironman, but there is no better way to get your brain to dump after a week of work than an autumn run on a Friday afternoon. However, I lifted heavy last night, so my hamstrings are a weeee bit sore. It's a good sore though.

Ellie is out with her friends, so I'm enjoying a Friday night of pizza, beer, and baseball. I'm such a frugal health nut though, I've been craving pizza so bad lately, and when Ellie told me she had a girl's night planned, I was pumped to go get a pizza. Except I realized that for half the price, I could make my own pizza and have it be healthy. So I went and got an organic whole wheat pizza crust mix, organic chicken sausage, organic cheese, and some good fresh veggies. Dude, it's delicious. Screw Dominoes. And with a few Blue Moon Harvest Moon Pumpkin Ales, I'm a happy camper. You can judge me if you want, I'm happy to be sitting here on a Friday night. And if you want to judge, call me tomorrow morning at around 8am, I'll be getting back from an early morning run. :-)

E

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Had to smile- we've been making a lot of homemade pizza lately on no fat organic flat bread that only one store in town sells-
And we had some of that pumpkin ale too. All sounds so yummy. Friday night seems to be a great time to workout anywhere, gyms are empty-trails are clear, nothing but you and the sound of your own breathing. Ah