Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Tis the most wonderful time....

...of the yeeeeeear.

Fall in Colorado is second to none. It is absolutely the best time ever to train. The leaves are changing, the air is crisp, the sunsets are absolutely gorgeous. I love it. I've gone for a few runs lately - and while the energy levels and motivation have been down - the atmosphere has been amazing. The leaves crunching and the sun setting can get me out the door no matter what.

I'm trying to figure out the energy and motivation, I think the extreme levels of stress I've been under may have something to do with it, but I'm dealing with it and really making sure I still get the workouts in - which have been helping. I've also put a bit of weight on, so I'm working on honing in my diet to get back down a few pounds. I think once I get the stress level down, and the weight off, I'll feel a lot better.

Anywho, enough whining. Brandon and I just had a kick ass ride on some fresh paved road at sunset. The aspens are changing, and tonight was a reminder of why I live here. Sarah got me super excited to get a new bike, as she was out visiting this week. Ellie and I did our best to hippi-ize Sarah, but I don't know that it worked. Either way, I think she'll be back some day, and finally I'll get to take her mountain biking here.

That's all for now. I'll be back more now, I find this helps...

E

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Dude, I'm wearing patchouli and I bought Organic cake this time! Thanks for the awesome hosting- you guys are teh awesomeness.