Saturday, October 18, 2008

I'm out of shape...

Funny how fast that can happen. I've had about 2 or 3 weeks of low volume training due to some external stressors. Ellie and I have been working hard this week on re-tiling our kitchen floor, which looks AWESOME, but it has been an all consuming process. Every night this week we spent at least 3 hours on the floor. This has led to very little training time. I think I got 3, 2.4 mile runs in, and then got out on the bike today.

What a perfect day for a ride. It was about 74 degrees, sunny, and the fall leaves are just ridiculous right now. I rode for 25 miles, about an hour and 20 minutes. I wanted to just ride all day, but my legs were sufficiently toasted at that point. My poor bike is at the end of the line. I've never heard it creak and crack and rattle the way it did today. I tried to do a little tune when I got home, but nothing seems out of whack. I think it's just what happens to an entry level bike after 6 years of hard riding. She's done me well, but it's time for an upgrade...

Okay, off to finish cleaning up the tile with some nice, sore, biking legs. I'm going to be able to ramp up my volume this week, the weather should be beautiful, so that means some longer trail runs and a bit more time in the saddle. And at least one swim and one lift this week. It'll be good to feel healthy again :)

E

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You've ridden the hell out of that bike, for sure! I'm not sure I want you to have a new one, though, 'cause you're already gonna kick my ass when I finally get to ride with you.