Friday, April 17, 2009

Bicycle Tour of Colorado

We're riding for the HANGOUT. The Bicycle Tour of Colorado is a 6 day, 513 mile ride from June 21 - 27 - complete with 44,000 feet of vertical climbing. Guess I'm going to have to get my ass out there and climb some mountains!!!

The HANGOUT is a really cool - small - organization that helps to support people with Traumatic Brain Injuries. We have committed to take over the fundraising for a gentleman who in the past has raised over $5,000 per year for this great organization. He is in Med School this year, so we are picking up the slack!! Somehow, I fear that raising the money will be the easy part. It's going to be a really really cool experience regardless, and it's going to be even cooler since we are riding for a purpose. We've created another blog to keep track of our training for the ride, our fundraising goals, and our feelings. We'll probably post a lot about our feelings. Either way, check it out, it'll be a really cool blog: rideforthehangout.blogspot.com

On the triathlon front, I have been a bit of a slacker lately. My diet has been spotty, my workouts short, and my motivation lacking. I feel like I'm under a lot of stress (work, money, getting our house replumbed, etc.), and that is translating to a lack of motivation - which leads to short, uninspired workouts and a lack of concern for my diet. Our house is going to be finished this weekend, so I kind of am viewing that as the beginning of my training season. The diet has come around in the past few days, and I've at least strung together about 7 days of workouts, even if they are only 20 minute long runs or 1,200m swims. It decided to freaking blizzard today, so I went to the gym and sat on the stationary bike for about 30 minutes and punished myself, and it felt oh so good.

I am praying for the weather to clear out so I can get on the bike for real on Sunday. If not, I'll go for a sloppy run and try to stretch it out a bit. And the diet, oh the diet. It'll come around, I just need some patience. Now do me a favor, go check out my buddy Mike at mikeane14.blogspot.com - he's dropping pounds like the SEALs drop pirates. That's a lot, just in case you were wondering.

Hugs.

E

1 comment:

Mike said...

you're the man. Thanks for the plug. You can mark me down for $50 for your fund raiser too...I'll be doing the same thing (less intense of a ride though) this summer for Multiple Sclerosis.